Join us for a hands on Food Styling and Photography Workshop with Jemma Watts.
As it is coming up to Christmas, we thought that it would be apt to have a Christmas themed shoot. Jemma will be bringing a lot of props for the group to photograph. If you are coming along, feel free to bring your own props too, like Christmas decorations, cakes, biscuits, etc.
Jemma like to work with natural light and she will show you how to get the most natural shots without the use of extra lighting.
You will also get a lot of tips for styling your shots to make them look like magazine spreads.
At the end of the workshop, you would have learnt to style, compose and photograph lively, vibrant food photos.
What you will learn:
- Understanding your camera and settings
- The anatomy of a food photography shoot
- Using textures and props to style your photos and bring them to life
- Understanding natural and artificial lighting
- and much more.
Who should attend:
- Any blogger who wants to learn how to take better pictures for your blog, not just food photographers as the techniques would work if you are taking still life photos of beauty products or fashion products too.
- Food bloggers who wants to learn some professional food styling tricks
- Any budding food photographer who wants to improve on their skills
- Any restauranters or B&B owners who wants to learn to take great shots for their own websites or brochures.
Note: You need to bring along a DSLR or a proper camera to get the most out of this workshop. Smartphone cameras will not be appropriate. You can bring along a tripod too but it’s not essential.
Learn more about Jemma and see her photography on her website http://www.jemmawatts.com/food/
When: Sunday 17th November
Millenium Hotel Mayfair
44 Grosvenor Square
London, W1K 2HP
Nearest tube: Bond Street
Time: Sunday morning until lunchtime to use the best of natural daylight
Tickets: £48 which includes breakfast, teas and coffees (note discount if you book to come with a friend)
This workshop is open to everyone, you don’t have be a member of Ladies in Blogging to attend.